Thursday, January 26, 2012

January Newsletter

Chaplain’s Corner

Like Joseph, I am a dreamer. Like Martin Luther King, “I have a dream.” I am not an addict, but I am the child of an alcoholic and the father of an addict. Through both experiences and a lifetime of study and ministry, God has “conceived” a dream inside of me. 

I dream of sparing every child of an addict the fear, feelings of rejection, abandonment, and confusion that I experienced as a child. 


dream of sparing every parent, sibling, or friend of an addict, the hopelessness, despair, intense disappointment, and unbearable pain that my wife and I and our other children experienced with our addict. 


I dream of providing “room and board,” along with an opportunity for intense biblical discipleship, to every alcoholic or addict who desires to be set free. 


I dream of seeing the hillside of Renewal Ranch covered with buildings and residents. 


I dream of seeing 300-500 people at chapel each week for praise and preaching that glorifies God and transforms participants. 


I dream of a Renewal Ranch “village” that provides housing and holistic training for life to Renewal Ranch graduates and their families. 


I dream of seeing “Renewal Ranch” type ministries all over Arkansas, America, and Africa, as well as in the “utter most parts of the world.” 


I dream of God transforming my life more fully through Christ, restoring the years the locusts have eaten, giving me a double blessing for the losses with nothing broken and nothing missing. 


I dream of the same for Renewal Ranch staff, volunteers, residents, and their families. I have a dream.............  How about you?

~ Larry Pillow

An open chapel service is held at Renewal Ranch every Saturday morning at 10:00 a.m.

Please feel free to join us and bring your favorite dish for a potluck dinner and fellowship following the service!

Renewal Ranch is a 501(c) 3 and operates on the generous donations of those who believe in what we do. Thank you for your prayers and support!

Pledge Your Support Today!

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.  Romans 8:9-10



No comments:

Post a Comment